Home-Buying Myths vs. Facts Video + 6 Stress Free Tips on Buying and Selling a Home Simultaneously
HOME-BUYING MYTHS VS. FACTS VIDEO
Buying a house is the largest purchase in a lifetime and can be scary. There are so many questions from buyers and sellers. Home-buying misconceptions are very common, it’s critical to be informed. Real Estate Expert Tammy Beckley joined KATU News to shared what home-buyers should know by separating facts from fiction.
- Why should I care about the school district rating in the neighborhood I’m looking to buy in if I don’t have kids?
- Home inspection – is it always necessary? Even if you’re buying a home in as-is condition?
- Are there costs beyond mortgage payments after buying a home?
- Is it true that a 20% down payment is required to buy a home?
- Location, crazy layout? Doesn’t matter since I’m never going to move, right or wrong?
- Is negotiation always part of the real estate process? Even if I’m paying full price?
Contact real estate expert Tammy Beckley for all of your real estate needs.
6 STRESS FREE TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR HOME WHILE BUYING ANOTHER HOME AT THE SAME TIME!
BY TAMMY BECKLEY
I’m not going to lie to you, doing this is somewhat of a stressful process, but with an experienced broker, you should be able to navigate the process successfully. Today, I will give you my best advice as to how to handle selling your home while buying another home in the most stress-free way!
Here are six tips for the seller/buyer:
- Concentrate on the home you are selling first. Most people start shopping for their next home before even listing the home they need to sell. But, wait… that perfect home will more than likely be sold by the time your home is in escrow. Let’s concentrate on getting yours to market first! Get your home in excellent showing shape and be ready to do your best to get it sold first! Approach the process in stages, rather than tackling selling and buying at the same time.
- Have your financials in order. Make an appointment with a lender and go get a letter of pre-qualification so that when the time comes you will know where you stand when you need to move forward on your next home purchase.
- Don’t get fixated on any one home to purchase. Homes come and go on the market and if you need to sell your home first in order to purchase one, looking online and going out to view every home before yours even gets its first showing, and choosing the “one” you are going to purchase, will only set you up for a big emotional rollercoaster! Wait until your home is in escrow to choose the home and in the meantime look online and do driveby’s to your heart’s content! But don’t get your heart set on any one home in particular. It’s likely it could be sold come time to take action.
- Be flexible. Be prepared – while undergoing this process – of a number of things that could go wrong, and while it is my goal to get you out of your current home and into the next home you are purchasing without any hiccups, you should still have a back up plan in mind. Have a storage unit and/or a rental property in mind in the event that things don’t go as expected.
- Have your broker negotiate a long escrow. Once your home gets an offer, have your real estate agent negotiate a long escrow period for closing. This way it will give you ample time to shop for your new home, put in an offer, and get both homes closed.
- Consider a seller rent back. It’s possible they buyers of your home don’t need to move in right away. See if you can negotiate to get your home closed and then rent your home back from the new buyers for a month or two while you’re negotiating and moving into the home you intend to purchase.
Many hiccups can occur during the buyer and selling process. Always be sure that you have a qualified and experienced real estate agent working for you. If you don’t have one yet, I’m happy to help. Contact me with any questions or concerns that you have about your next home buying – or home selling – process.
ABOUT TAMMY BECKLEY
Tammy Beckley is a Principal Broker and has been licensed in real estate since 1997. Prior to moving to Portland, she owned and operated her own successful real estate firm on the beautiful Southern Oregon coast. After visiting Portland many times over the years, she moved to Portland in the summer of 2011.
Tammy has been featured as a real estate expert and has appeared on CNBC, KATU, and other local television broadcasts on numerous occasions. Currently Tammy is the featured real estate expert on AM Northwest in Portland, Oregon and appears at least once a month speaking on relevant real estate topics.
Contact Tammy Beckley today for all of your real estate needs.